When it comes to cleaning, having the best tool is key to making the task easier and better. You are probably here because you cannot choose between Shark's VACMOP and Bissell's SpinWave products. We have researched these two for you and this is what we found out:
The choice depends on the level of cleaning that you need. Shark VACMOP has two functions in one. It lets you vacuum the debris that is present on the floor before mopping.
On the other hand, Bissell SpinWave has two scrubber mop pads for heavy-duty cleaning and does not have the vacuum feature so you will have to do that task separately.
To help you decide better, we will present each product thoroughly in the next section. Some cleaning tips and solutions will also be tackled so that your cleaning will be easier. If you are interested in learning about this and more, keep on reading!
Shark VACMOP Vs. Bissell SpinWave
What we are going to do is compare Shark VACMOP and Bissell SpinWave based on their features, specifications, pros, and cons, as well as the market prices.
Here are the VACMOP and SpinWave features that you can anticipate upon purchase.
- Has two microfiber mop pads that rotate in different directions at the same time. This gives the stain an all-direction scrub for easier elimination. That way, you do not need to get on your knees and get your hands dirty for scrubbing the stubborn dirt.
- Lets you release an amount of cleaner by pressing the on-demand spray trigger. You can press it as many times as you want to have the quantity of solution that you need.
- The mop can stand and stop on its own when situated in an upright position. To turn it back on, recline the body backward and press the power button.
- It can easily be maneuvered around due to its lightweight body and swivel steering. This means you can push it around with ease, even at the corners which are hard to reach.
- You can re-use the soft touch and scrubby pads after a cleaning session.
- Has refillable storage tank for the cleaner.
- A cordless device that prevents you from worrying about the limited reach. It can also save you from detangling and organizing cords before and after use.
- Has a powerful vacuum that suctions micro to large debris on the floor with a trigger button under the handle. You will need need a separate vacuum device or sweeper to clean first before mopping.
- Instead of dust bags, its mop padlocks the debris that you vacuumed in.
- Disposable pads that absorb wet surfaces and mop the floor.
- Spray button for releasing water while mopping.
- Includes a storage tank for the cleaner.
- No-touch disposing of mop pad and debris.
- Low maintenance since you do not need to clean dust bags and filters anymore. All you have to do is to replace the VACMOP pads each time and it will feel like brand new the next use.
- Lightweight despite the two-in-one function that it provides.
- Rechargeable so you can bring it anywhere. It also comes with a magnetic charger for easier plugging.
- Has LED headlights so you can see the debris present on the floor better.
Below are the characteristics of Shark VACMOP and Bissell's SpinWave. Through this, you will have an idea of how long and heavy they are, how many solutions they can store at a time, etc.
Bissell SpinWave Specs
- Weight - 9.5 lbs
- Cord length - 22 feet
- Tank storage capacity - 28 oz
- Power rating - 0.9 amps
- Cleaning path width - 14 inches
Shark VACMOP Specs
- Dimension - 5.38 inches L x 9.5 inches W x 47.86 inches H
- Weight - 3.34 lbs
- Tank storage capacity - 12 oz
- Cleaning path width - 9.81 inches
- Power rating - 7.8 amps
Pros And Cons
In this section, we are going to present to you the advantages and disadvantages of VACMOP and SpinWave according to the reviews.
- Works good for both light and heavy mop cleaning
- Lightweight and less pressure on the back
- Has two mop pads for power scrubbing of floor dirt
- Comes with extra pads and solutions upon purchase
- Washable mop pad
- Can stand on its own without any support
- Has a 2-year warranty
- Potential control-problem
- Sometimes leaves streaks
- Exclusive cleaning solution only
- Cannot easily fit in narrow areas
- Does not work well with grout
- Can suction debris powerfully
- Easy to maneuver because it is lightweight
- Does not leave any streaks
- Mop pads clean dirt well
- Has automatic headlights so you can see the floor even if it is dark
- Fast charging
- Has a short battery life
- Needs support to stand when not in use
- You will need to buy a disposable mop pad and cleaning solution to be able to use
For the last part of comparing the two floor cleaning products, we will show their market prices as well as the pads and exclusive cleaning solutions that come with them.
Shark VACMOP's price depends on the package that you will get. To give you an idea of what they are, take a look at the list below:
- $99.99 - includes 2 pieces of disposable pads, 1 piece of 12 oz cleaning solution
- $127.99 - includes 2 boxes of disposable pads, 1 piece of 2L cleaning solution
- $146.94 - includes 3 boxes of disposable pads, 2 pieces of 2L cleaning solution, free gift (1 additional box of mop pad)
- $184.90 - includes 5 boxes of disposable pads, 4 pieces of 2L cleaning solution, free gift (3 boxes of mop pads)
Its refilling cleaning solutions can be bought depending on the type, with prices ranging from $10-$25.
Check out VACMOP's replacement pad on Amazon.
On the other hand, Bissell's SpinWave can be bought for $102.99. The multi-surface formula comes in 3 packs (32 oz. each) for $29.99. That is almost $10 per bottle. The pads depend on what kind it is. Scrubby mop pads cost $17.24 while soft pads are $14.99.
Check out Bissell's cleaning solution on Amazon.
Wondering if your vinyl floor can be stained? Learn here: "Can Vinyl Flooring Be Stained? [Can You Change The Color]."
Does Bissell SpinWave Work On Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Yes, you can use Bissell SpinWave on vinyl plank floorings. This product is especially ideal for hard surface floors. You do not need to worry about damage that might occur while using this as your mopping tool.
Aside from vinyl, SpinWave can also be used in tiles, laminate, and linoleum.
Wondering how to use your Bissell SpinWave? Check out the tutorial below:
Having trouble with floor marks? Read this: "Dyson Cordless Vacuum Leaving Marks On Floor – What To Do?"
Can You Use Shark VACMOP On Tile Floors?
Yes! Shark's VACMOP is good for your tile flooring. Aside from that, it is also compatible with any sealed hard floors like marble, stone, laminate, linoleum, and such.
Wondering how to use your Shark VACMOP? Check out the tutorial below:
Is It Okay To Use Vinegar And Water In Your Shark VACMOP?
Unfortunately, no. You cannot use or it is not recommended to pour in the mixture of vinegar and water inside your VACMOP as a replacement to their multi-surface cleaner.
What Is The Best VACMOP On The Market?
You may be wondering what is the best VACMOP you can purchase, here is a list of the best products and their models for a specific function:
Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro
If you are looking for a vacuum mop that can vanish the furs and paw prints from your pet, Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro is the one for you. Its rolls were specifically made to prevent tangling pet hair and minimize pet odor.
Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid
Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid is the best when it comes to robots that do the cleaning. With its super high-tech features that lets you control its area scope in your smartphone.
Bissell CrossWave X7 Cordless Pet Pro
However, according to Reader's Digest, the overall best VACMOP in the market is Bissell's CrossWave X7 Cordless Pet Pro.
Choosing between Shark VACMOP and Bissell's SpinWave depends on the function you want. If you're looking for power mopping and scrubbing, SpinWave is the right one for you. However, if you may be after the two-in-one device that vacuums and cleans for you, then, opt for the VACMOP.
Both VACMOP and SpinWave of them work on hard floors such as laminate, vinyl planks, marble, tile, linoleum, etc.